Below you will find the connection steps for Viewpoint Cloud for the XChange-Agent
As a Vista Cloud customer, the XChange-Agent will need to be installed. Submit a cloud support case to Viewpoint Support requesting the installation of the XChange Agent on your cloud "D2" box.
Please mark the support case as "Cloud Support" and title the case “Please install the XChangeAgent (formerly “Ryvit”) on our D2 server”
Note: The hosting of this agent will be free of charge if you are a ViewpointOne or Trimble Construction One (TC1) customer. You will need to send them the activation code. Read more about this here.Install the XChange-Agent on your server
- To do so, just click here to download the XChange Agent. The wizard will walk you through the installation steps, but if you have any questions about the XChange-Agent (installation help, security features, etc.) please refer to our Knowledge Base.
- Your Activation Code: (You will need to get this through the Trimble Integrations team
- Set up a SQL user for Trimble Integrations:
- Please set up a SQL user in the Viewpoint database per the attached instructions (instructions here)
- The SQL Username should be “XChangeServiceUser”.
- “Enforce password policy” needs to be disabled on the user’s profile.Set up a SQL user for Trimble Integrations
- Please respond to the Trimble Integrations team with the following information:
- DNS Name:
- Database Name:
- Password for the XChangeServiceUser
Please ensure that the XChangeServiceUser is set up as a Viewpoint Vista User and assigned to all applicable Security Groups. Without the appropriate Security Group assignments, we will not be able to successfully access your data. Please refer to "Configuring the User" section in the instructions here.
As an additional reference, we have included the following FAQ articles from Viewpoint regarding these topics:Vista Cloud FAQ: App XChange (Cloud and Data Connectors)
Vista Cloud FAQ: TLS Database Endpoint